Tuesday, January 06, 2009

it's 2009

Saw Amanda Palmer of the Dresden Dolls on NYE.

I'm very proud of how the WWIA poll came out and have about half the ex-Stylus staff to thank.

Also wrote up Seun Kuti, Blitzen Trapper, Okkervil River and Of Montreal for Jeff Weiss' year-end.

My own full lists coming soon, but here's my Pazz ballot:

1. Be Your Own Pet - Get Awkward/Get Damaged 24
2. Lil' Wayne - Tha Carter III/The Leak 15
4. Girl Talk - Feed the Animals 13
3. Portishead - Third 13
5. Conor Oberst - Conor Oberst 8
7. Raphael Saadiq - The Way I See It 7
4. No Age - Nouns 5
8. Stereolab - Chemical Chords 5
9. TV on the Radio - Dear Science 5
10. The Roots - Rising Down 5

1. Ashlee Simpson - "Outta My Head (Ay Ya Ya)"
2. Okkervil River - "Pop Lie"
3. Be Your Own Pet - "Becky"
4. Conor Oberst - "I Don't Wanna Die (In a Hospital)"
5. Kathleen Edwards - "The Cheapest Key"
6. Phantom Planet - "Do the Panic"
7. Lil' Wayne - "A Milli"
8. Britney Spears - "Unusual You"
9. Wiley - "Wearing My Rolex"
10. Rihanna - "Disturbia"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home