Thursday, May 01, 2008

a-punk

I decided that instead of posting my periodic A-list over and over again and taking up space no one's nerdy enough to care about, I'd make a sidebar over there so you guys can keep track of my fickle listening patterns. Lil' Mama's the only addition I believe...album actually kicked the asses of the two fine singles.

I've concluded that Fleet Foxes are this year's Bowerbirds, an austere, beautiful folk act who put their all into one perfect song ("White Winter Hymnal" and "In Our Talons" respectively) and content to let the rest float along an articulated but droning fence of pretty nothingness. Sun Giant is better than Hymns for a Dark Horse, though, and Feist's The Reminder is better than both. All three of these I stopped playing altogether after declaiming how pretty they were, so I ask you, how pretty can they actually be? I still play "White Winter Hymnal" and "In Our Talons," (and "Brandy Alexander") though. Those are pretty.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ian said...

You know who made an album kind of like Bowerbirds' but worth listening to repeatedly? Horse Feathers.

1:11 AM, May 04, 2008  
Blogger kiss out the jams said...

ooh, enduring bowerbirds! i'll look around for that

1:17 AM, May 04, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home