Wednesday, December 26, 2007

I give a fuck about an Oxford comma.

I make no bones about being the world's worst English major and being woefully unread. Seeing as my job requires me to sit in a comfortable chair next to a portable heater for eight hours, I might as well hitch my wagon to a library. Here's what I'm gonna do. Each person who comments on this entry can drop one book they think I should read, and I'll read the first ten in the order they appear...I don't care if it's Infinite Jest or Gravity's Rainbow. In the rare case that I've already read the book you named, you either pick another or I go to eleven. If the next temp gig doesn't quite work out the same way this one does, I still want to try and read all these, it'll just take longer. Now educate me.

5 Comments:

Blogger Ian said...

I'm going to say V., not Gravity's Rainbow. I mean, c'mon, read them in order.

11:39 PM, December 26, 2007  
Blogger kiss out the jams said...

I read Crying of Lot 49 already though!

5:12 AM, December 27, 2007  
Blogger Ian said...

The big ones.

8:46 PM, December 28, 2007  
Blogger Tal said...

Dan, if you haven't read it, I suggest you read Dubliners. If you have, read Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man.

If you've read both, then shoot me an e-mail and maybe I can help you out.

8:02 PM, January 03, 2008  
Blogger Paul said...

Slaughterhouse Five

8:46 PM, February 04, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home