Friday, March 21, 2008

This Ain't a Scene

I don't speak much of my current tenure doing bits and pieces for the Cleveland Scene because I'm not all that jazzed about the results. My editor seems like a cool guy, and his Pazz & Jop ballot was uncannily similar to mine, but he really tends to put my voice on the chopping block in a much less satisfying way than T-Pain's autotuner. I don't consider myself too proud for touchy-feely editorship (ooh, that tickles), but it can be frustrating when the actual opinion gets chopped along with it.

So let it be known that while I continue to disagree with pretty much any crit or fan who hears or sees a sexy molecule in Hotel or VV, the cutting room floor would have you know that I like their new Midnight Boom a little bit more than is indicated here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home