Thursday, May 15, 2008

KOTJ Podcast #2: now with 75% less uhhs

The internet has returned to Jamsland, so here are your gifts for waiting:

a) Thoughts on the sweet new Local H concept album.

b) My second podcast. Ten times better than the first one. I think KOTJ #1 was like five songs in 20 minutes, this one packs about 14 in almost an hour. Better in every way: I watched myself so I didn't say "uhh" and "umm" every two words, and I talk less in general (always a plus). I do say "best" a lot, though, as is my nature. And I compressed the voice recording for maximum fidelity. There's a lot of hyperartsy indie in this one and it gets poppy near the end. So many more I wanted to include...next time, No Age, Roots, Ashlee!

KOTJ Podcast #2:

1. Ponytail - "Beg Waves"
2. Parts & Labor - "New Crimes"
3. M83 - "Kim & Jessie"
4. Be Your Own Pet - "Black Hole"
5. Phantom Planet - "Do the Panic"
6. Lil' Mama - "Make It Hot (Put It Down)"
7. Los Campesinos! - "Drop It Doe Eyes"
8. The Apples In Stereo - "Onto Something"
9. R.E.M. - "Horse to Water"
10. Mike Doughty - "Like a Luminous Girl"
11. Akrobatik - "Absolute Value"
12. We are Scientists - "After Hours"
13. Les Savy Fav - "Kiss Kiss is Getting Old"
14. The Cardigans - "Give Me Your Eyes"

2 Comments:

Blogger Jonathan said...

Wow, nicely done. You've reminded me that I like that M83 album if nothing else :)

That Cardigans track is good, but my absolute favorite is "Don't Blame Your Daughter" off that same album. Great track.

12:50 PM, May 16, 2008  
Blogger kiss out the jams said...

Thanks, J-Biz!

Could you up me that Cardigans track actually? I'll try that. I seriously don't even have Super Extra Gravity anymore, I just kept the one song!

12:59 PM, May 16, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home